Saturday 5 September 2009

Aikido Magic

I experience Aikido today like music making, as vibrant, flowing, dynamic and magic.

I had this experience of forgetting about my body and just connecting my centre and energy to somebody elses centre and energy....exploring this with curiousity, like tuning an instrument to find the right tone, I tuned in to another persons vibration to find the right tone, to create movement. Not my arms or legs were making the moves and leading the person to the ground but my energy coming from the centre which hit the right tone and found alignment in and with someone else. When this tone was hit and alignment found, it was easy to move the other to the ground without hardly moving your arms, or using any strenghts, just coming naturally from your centre of gravitas, your hara and source.

To cope with the moves, I had to almost forget my limbs and focus on my centre and energy flow and welcoming and connecting to the other persons energy flow. Let the body move as it wants to move. An amazing experience of intuition and Ki.

There was a lot of magic in my Aikido class today and I thought you might like to read about it ;) I learned a lot today taking on moves that looked so damn hard. Its amazing how all these experienced teachers and blackbelt practitioners were taking care of me, with much patience letting me experience the moves and also allowing me to try these on them, with the right amount of exploration and guidance, always reminding me to recenter as the core strenghts and reconnect to the flow of the other, feeling into this body, his spine, almost anatomically moving down within the "opponents" body. The more welcoming, accepting, relaxed and connected I was with the other the more powerful the moves and the falls.The one falling experiences me as gentle and almost warm towards them, holding in a way but also very powerful in executing the moves.

No comments:

Post a Comment